The FinancialLink application supports all versions of QuickBooks for Windows Desktop including Professional, Premier, Enterprise and Accountant's edition. Support is for editions starting in 2008 through the most recent.
Note: If your version is newer than 2015, simply select 2015 in the dropdown.
If your account is currently set to a different accounting system click the Change Accounting System button to make the proper choice.
Make sure to keep these things in mind:
- FinancialLink requires Microsoft .NET 4.5. Windows will typically update this automatically. If your computer is running an older version you'll receive an error. See this article for more details and a link to download a copy.
- QuickBooks for Windows must be running with the correct company file open.
- The first time you connect, you must log into QuickBooks as an Admin user.
- If you receive an error, review this article for more details: Troubleshooting Connections with QuickBooks for Windows Desktop
Here are the steps for linking with QuickBooks for Windows Desktop:
On the Collecting Financial Details page click the Link button. If you're creating a Borrowing Base, be sure to specify the correct reporting date first.
- Start by clicking either the New Finagraph or New Borrowing Base buttons.
- If you have Chrome or FireFox you'll be prompted to install a browser extension the first time you connect.
If a Security Warning dialog box appears, verify it shows Booyami as the publisher and click Run.
A Launching Application window will appear when FinancialLink starts. The process will ensure that all prerequisites have been installed and FinancialLink is able to communicate with your accounting system. No user feedback is required; while FinancialLink processes the data do not turn off or unplug your computer.
If Quickbooks is not running, FinancialLink will notify you. Start Quickbooks, open the correct company file, and then press the Retry button.
To ensure the security of the data exchange, the FinancialLink cannot access your accounting file until access to Quickbooks is approved. Ensure that the correct company is open in Quckbooks. An Application Certificate dialogue box will appear in Quickbooks providing details of the access FinancialLink has requested. In this window you can choose to have Quickbooks prompt to allow access each time BBC Easy is used or to always provide access. Since QuickBooks must be open to connect with Financial Link, we recommend either of the last two options. Select one of the options and then select Continue...
When the Access Confirmation dialogue box appears, click Done.
The FinancialLink process will then collect the reports necessary. You'll see a page with status of the process. The first box shows the data collected from QuickBooks. The second box shows the progress of the upload to our servers. The final box tracks the progress of our analyzer creating your Finagraph or Borrowing Base.
When completed, you'll be presented with your new report.