If you have entered your username and password multiple times and have verified that everything is correct, it could be that FinancialLink is communicating with the wrong server.
For accounting systems that require a password, such as Microsoft Dynamics GP or Sage 300 ERP (ACCPAC), the FinancialLink simply passes the provided username and password to the server you've selected. The list of server connections that appear in the drop-down list comes from a Windows configuration known as the ODBC Data Source Administrator (32-bit).
The ODBC links are typically created automatically when the accounting system is installed. These links tell your copy of Dynamics or Sage 300 where the database is located that stores your accounting data. If the 32-bit version of this connection is pointing to the wrong database then the link will fail.
You can verify the server using these steps:
- Open the ODBC Data Source Administrator (32-bit) tool. The easiest way to do this is to search for ODBC. Multiple entries may appear, be sure to select the 32-bit version.
- In the ODBC Data Source Administrator (32-bit) tool select the System DSN tab.
- Select the database System Data Source that matches the one that you tried in the FinancialLink menu. Then click the configure button.
- In the Microsoft SQL Server DSN Configuration window, review the server selected in the bottom drop-down menu. Verify that the correct SQL server is identified. If it's not, choose the correct one from the list and click next.
** If it is correct, continue through the steps to verify the authentication process. **
- Enter the correct method of authentication and click Next.
- On the next page, leave everything as-is and click Next to continue.
- Verify the settings on the last page, and click Finish to complete the update.
- After completing these steps, try to connect using the FinancialLink again. If you continue to have trouble, please contact our support team.